Saturday, December 16, 2006

The 12 Day Tree

THE 12 DAY TREE
Submitted by: Sunny

I have a small artificial Christmas tree that fits perfectly on the nightstand in my bedroom. I decorate it with tiny white lights (great mood lighting at night!) and hang 12 small pieces of paper that are rolled up and tied with a piece of gold ribbon. On each piece of paper I write a special message such as "one back rub" or "one long kiss" (you get the idea!).
My husband gets to take one message off the tree each night for the 12 nights before Christmas. I find that this is a great way to stay connected during the rush and stress of the season and reminds us to take a few moments to enjoy each other. You can get REAL creative with the messages and have a lot of fun redeeming them!!
This year I've included a couple small wrapped items for under the tree...a small bottle of oil and a scented candle are a couple of the things I've tucked under there. When my husband takes a message off the tree that says "pick a gift" he will have several to choose from.

That was very interesting idea
doc

No comments: